Taxes and Government Spending
Dave believes Virginia’s taxes are too high and is 100% opposed to tax increases. Costs for everything rise because of inflation. Dave LaRock is working to keep Virginia a conservative, low tax state by keeping spending at or below current levels and opposing expansion of welfare giveaway programs that threaten that status. Dave has also worked in the legislature to protect property rights, and to prevent continually increasing local residential real state taxes, by ensuring that businesses pay their fair share.
Here's some of Dave's legislation to protect residents from higher property taxes:
- 2023 Session: HB 1710 Real property; tax classification of commercial and industrial property in certain localities.
- 2022 Session: HB 1114 Real property; tax classification of commercial and industrial property in certain localities.
- 2020 Session: HB 768 Commercial and industrial property; classification of real property in certain localities.
- 2020 Session: HB 679 Real and personal property tax exemptions; repeals exemptions.
- 2019: HB 2575 Commercial and industrial property; real property tax classification in certain localities.
- 2019 Session: HB 2566 Real and personal property tax; repeals tax exemption by legislative designation.
- 2018 Session: HB 490 Frederick County; property tax exemptions.
- 2017 Session: HB 1823 Property tax exemptions in Frederick County.
- 2016 Session: HB 736 Property tax; repeals certain exemptions in Frederick County.
- 2015 Session: HB 2165 Property tax; exemptions for certain real property and nonprofit organizations in Frederick County.